Sunday, June 23, 2013

You Win Some, You Lose Some

      
       There are some days in this ministry that leave me feeling defeated, depleted, and altogether battered.  Today was one of those days.

        In my own ministry there are more good days than bad days.  There are some incredibly joyous days that take my breath away when I contemplate the ways and wonders of my incredible, matchless God.

      And then there are days like today.
       
     These days start inauspiciously enough.  Calm. Peaceful. Thankful. I say a prayer.  "What a beautiful Sunday, Lord.  I'm so blessed to be in your presence.  Help me to inspire others to be excited about your Word. And Lord...

     Everything commences to blow up in my face.   A huge, spiritual warfare begins to take place within the walls of our church.  Some don't even notice.  I'm wielding a heavy sword, entrenched in combat. The casualties are great on our side. 

     I leave that building knowing that I just lost a hard fought battle.  I feel wounded.  Then I am reminded that this is just a battle.  It's a tiny little scrimmage.  I know the Overcomer.  I know the Death Conqueror. 

   Just a hint...He wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment